A couple of week’s ago a colleague of mine sent out an email asking if anyone would be interested in making a quiz team for a corporate night out.
Somehow I then landed up being in charge of sorting the team out (always happy to be arranging social events LOL) and so a team of 5 was put together and we all then headed down to Dubai Offshore Sailing Club for the inaugural Lighthouse Quiz night.
They had about 13 teams, each with around 5 or 6 people, so it was a fabulous, busy night.
The questions were incredibly difficult and really had us all working hard to guess (yup, most of it was guesswork) the answers.
But, we ended up coming joint third place so I have zero complaints 🙂
Sunset at DOSC
OK OK… I get it. You’re tired of hearing me come up with random excuses as to why I once again haven’t updated my something new posts.
I hereby declare there will no longer be any excuses.
Total truth – I just keep letting them slip past.
I am constantly telling my friends: “I need to take photos of this for my something new”, so the posts are right there at the front of my thinking… it’s just that the execution of them is, well, it’s poo. Sorry.
So, here I am with 4 weeks (actually, it’ll only be 3 because week 14 had a big fat zero new in it 😦 )
Week 12 – That time I watched an improv show
Week 13 – That time I made it to the Southern Hemisphere to share my brother-in-law’s birthday with him
Week 14 – FAIL!
Week 15 – That time at Morimoto brunch
And there you have it folks.
Four Three new weeks in life.
I’m not going to promise that I’ll be better… but I do promise that you’ll get another update from me at some point in the future. Whether it’s in one week, or five weeks…. who knows?!
In sort of typical Hazel’s travel escapades, I’ve recently tried to cram as much as possible into the shortest amount of time possible.
Time scale: after work on Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning 8:30am for work
– home to pack my suitcase (Thursday after work)
– birthday drinks with a friend (Thursday night)
– home for a quick nap with the cats (Thursday night)
– 2am (Friday morning) head to airport
– flight at 5am, to Cairo (Friday morning)
– arrive Cairo 7am Friday morning (local time) and meet with friends, change hit the town
– back to the hotel 4pm to change, pre-drinks and then 6pm head off to the concert venue
– watch THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS live, right in front of the Giza pyramids (Friday night)
– home by about midnight and get some sleep (Friday night still)
– up at 7:30am, breakfast, plans for the day made, depart hotel by 10am (Saturday morning)
– tour of (part of) Cairo, horse rides, pyramids, sphinx, lunch, museum, home by 6pm (Saturday evening)
– pack bag again, head to airport for 8pm check-in, 10pm flight (Saturday night)
– arrive back in Dubai 4am Sunday morning (local time)
– 2 hours of sleep at home with the cats (Sunday morning)
– 7:30am alarm for 8:30am arrival at work
Successful. Best time ever. Such great memories. Building forever friendships. Travelling the world.
Birthday drinks in Dubai
Arrival in Cairo – view of our hotel over the Nile
Concert on the left; pyramids on the right
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Leaving the concert venue – our view of the pyramids!
Other side of the stage – concert on the right; pyramids on the left
Silliness at the pyramids