Well hello there!
It’s been over two months since I last posted – disgusting, I know.
Yes, I have been trying to continue on the quest to do ‘something new’ each week of my life and some weeks I manage, and some weeks I don’t. I guess that’s called ‘life’, right?
I’ve had some great times (holidays with family, fun times with friends), and I’ve had some shitty times (my cat Olly passing away) over the last couple of months…. and I’ve had the times where I’ve just enjoyed sitting alone on the couch at home.
Just Emmett and I now ❤
I’ve travelled (to China!), I’ve raced (on the Great Wall!), and my latest accomplishment in life is getting back into the gym – with a personal trainer! – to get this body back to its full potential 🙂
Great Wall Half Marathon
Smashing it at the gym!
And halfway through 2019, life is generally good!
- Exam results come out soon
- September sees a holiday to the USA with a wedding and lots of friend catch-ups in the mix
- October sees the start of more studies
- We still have 6 months to make this year GREAT!
Next lot of studies 🙂
In sort of typical Hazel’s travel escapades, I’ve recently tried to cram as much as possible into the shortest amount of time possible.
Time scale: after work on Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning 8:30am for work
– home to pack my suitcase (Thursday after work)
– birthday drinks with a friend (Thursday night)
– home for a quick nap with the cats (Thursday night)
– 2am (Friday morning) head to airport
– flight at 5am, to Cairo (Friday morning)
– arrive Cairo 7am Friday morning (local time) and meet with friends, change hit the town
– back to the hotel 4pm to change, pre-drinks and then 6pm head off to the concert venue
– watch THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS live, right in front of the Giza pyramids (Friday night)
– home by about midnight and get some sleep (Friday night still)
– up at 7:30am, breakfast, plans for the day made, depart hotel by 10am (Saturday morning)
– tour of (part of) Cairo, horse rides, pyramids, sphinx, lunch, museum, home by 6pm (Saturday evening)
– pack bag again, head to airport for 8pm check-in, 10pm flight (Saturday night)
– arrive back in Dubai 4am Sunday morning (local time)
– 2 hours of sleep at home with the cats (Sunday morning)
– 7:30am alarm for 8:30am arrival at work
Successful. Best time ever. Such great memories. Building forever friendships. Travelling the world.
Birthday drinks in Dubai
Arrival in Cairo – view of our hotel over the Nile
Concert on the left; pyramids on the right
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Leaving the concert venue – our view of the pyramids!
Other side of the stage – concert on the right; pyramids on the left
Silliness at the pyramids
2019 had a great start for me! I’ve always wanted a white Christmas, but last year I decided that a white birthday would suffice until I can plan a proper white Christmas… and not only did it snow just before midnight on the 30th to see my birthday (the 31st) in, but it snowed pretty much all day on the 31st so that the countdown to 2019 was done in the snow, and then it also snowed on the 2nd!
And that’s when we went out and made a snow angel! My first ever snow angel, in real snow! It might not have been a huge amount of snow, but it made me stupidly happy :o)