I’m becoming quite the pro at fly-in visits to family & friends – especially if there’s a wedding involved. And this past week was no exception!
Family-friends of my family (?!) got married in South Africa (coz that’s where they’re from, and live), in Johannesburg, at a place called Red Ivory. And boy was it spectacular! And lots of fun!
I don’t have much to say for this blog post (saving my words for my degree 😉 ) but the photos should do it justice. Enjoy 🙂
The summer months in Dubai can be very quiet – most people use this time to travel (especially if you have kids as they’re on summer break), and generally work gets a bit quieter, shops get quieter, the whole city just chills out a bit.
So after a few of my friends had finished with their big summer travels I decided to get us all together for a catch up – and what better way to do it than around a table filled with cheese, and unlimited wine?!
Jones the Grocer have recently started having Thursday night Cheese & Wine nights – it’s AED199 per person for a cheese board, and unlimited red or white.
Should you not be a wine-person, then you are welcome to still order off their menu and enjoy anything else that they have to offer… and they’re in the entertainer so if you’re hungry and the cheese board doesn’t fill you up, you can go mad with their delicious food menu 🙂
I’m not a huge wine connoisseur (or anything of the sort in fact!) so I very much stick to the one kind I know… but everyone else seemed to enjoy the selection that they had on offer!
Us 🙂 ❤
It’s new for the week, so might as well be the something new… I’m in my new apartment and pretty much settled!!!! Even the cats are practically settled ❤
The move fell at a really great time – over Eid. Which meant that I had 3 days to move my stuff and get settled, without having to take any leave, or cram my evenings with unpacking etc.
- Tuesday I moved across some furniture that I bought from a colleague who’s relocating.
- Wednesday the movers came and literally took over – packing boxes, taking furniture apart, loading the truck, unloading the truck, putting furniture back together and where I want it.
- Wednesday afternoon was spent unpacking the kitchen and living room
- My first lot of friends came over on Wednesday evening for pizza and wine
- Thursday was more unpacking, bringing the cats over, lots of moving stuff around because I could’t decide where I wanted stuff 🙈
- More friends came around on Thursday for pizza and bubbles
- Friday was SHOPPING to stock the cupboards 😀
- J came around on Friday night for some chill & movies & beers
Busy weekend, but it feels great to be settled and sorted in the new place!
Beers on the couch after lots of moving
Pizza & wine
Cats getting settled
Happy ginger ninjas ❤
Olly helping me unpack