The most obvious subject that comes to mind when I read “security” for this week’s photo challenge, is of course, pets.
Our pets are 100% a part of our family, and if you’re anything like me, they are your fur children who take over your heart.
While lying in bed this evening, pottering around on Facebook and about to settle down to a few pages of a good book, the latest new addition in the household decided that he would worm his way onto my chest and make that his resting spot ❤
Little Oliver feels totally secure when he’s cuddled up with me like this – he does it on a regular basis, even tonight after I had to bath him!
Bored? Looking for something to do? Need a break from something you’re busy with?
I’ve compiled a list of 20 things that you can do to help get you out of a rut, or just give you a few minutes of something different to do 💡
- Do some jumping jacks – this will get your blood pumping and get your brain back into gear
- Grab the nearest book and start reading
- Do some research on places you’d like to travel to
- Plan a holiday (maybe even book it while you’re at it?!)
- Travel down memory lane – go through old photos, old journals, old blog posts
- Maybe use some of those old photos, old journals or old blog posts to write up a new blog post?!
- Take a walk – head out to the local supermarket, or around the block
- Spring clean – empty all the clothes from your cupboards and have a clearing out!
- Get girlie (unless you’re a guy?! 😉 ) – paint your nails, making sure to remove any current colour, of course!
- Make a cup of tea, sit back and relax while you sip away 🙂
- Cull your friends – that’s right! Do you really need / know all of those people on your Facebook friends list?! No? Well then say bye bye to some of them 😮
- Make a smoothie – find some random bits and pieces at home, throw them in a blender and smooth your way through the next hour or so
- Pick up the phone – make a phonecall to a friend or loved one. Don’t message them; PHONE THEM!
- Play with a pet – if you don’t have your own, then call up a friend and ask to come round for a pet visit 😉
- Pump up the jam – put on your favourite album, blast the music and have a mini disco at home (and if anyone else is at home, get them to join you!)
- Write a list – it can be a list of any sort… your bucket list, your grocery list, your to-do list for the following day. You get the idea! List it away 🙂
- Watch a tv-series / movie marathon (this should get you through some serious time wasting!)
- Read the newspaper – I personally have not done very much of this in my life!
- Count your worth – scour the house for lost coins all over the place and count it up… it may be worth a fortune
- Have a nap
A candle-lit dinner, hundreds of fairy lights in the garden, a-gazillion stars in the sky above… these all instill an image of calm, beauty, romance in a person.
And trying to capture that feeling in a photo can quite often be daunting, especially if you are trying to, for example, photograph the stars on a cloudless night.
But sometimes you get it just right, and a photo can really bring out the atmosphere and character of a place or moment in time – the ambience of that photograph.
I’ve put together a few different types of photos and not just gone for the lighting effect… I hope you’ll enjoy 🙂
Nestled in the trees
A relaxing pool
Sunset over the pool
And the last one I had to throw in for good measure – I love the relaxed feeling that you get from looking at this dog having a snooze in the afternoon sun 🙂 ❤