Weeks 27 and 28 (7th and 14th July respectively) were fantastic weeks for me…. which was a pretty big feat after Week 26 was one of my best holidays ever!
Weeks 27 and 28 were a family holiday, cruising the Western Mediterranean onboard the fabulous MSC Fantasia!!!!!
Mom turned 60 this year so to celebrate in style we all booked this one week cruise – a whole week of chilling, sightseeing, family time ❤
I had been to a few of the places that the boat went to so they’re not necessarily new for my something new, but there were a bunch of other places that we stopped at that I’ve not been to – and a cruise with the family was definitely a FIRST!
I won’t bore you with a day by day account of what we got up to…. the important things to know are:
- We spent a day in Barcelona before the cruise – lots and lots of walking, sightseeing, chilling
- We paid an additional €26 per person, per day to upgrade our cruise package to the all-inclusive. This meant that all drinks – beers, cocktails, tea, coffee, waters – were included… and believe me, you reached the value of €26 per day very quickly!
- Our cabins were all upgraded for reasons none of us can fathom, but we have no complaints! Instead of being in the standard ocean view cabin we booked and paid for (with just a little porthole to look outside), we all ended up being put into BALCONY CABINS! Score!
- There was only one day that I did not get off the boat for an excursion – and it was a great day spent lying in the sun, napping in the sun, being completely chilled, drinking waaaaay too many BBC cocktails and just having a fab day
- The stage shows on the boat at night were fantastic – my favourite one being the Michael Jackson tribute
- Interesting fact: The port of Naples is owned by the family that owns MSC cruise ships 🙂
Below is a huge gallery of some of the photos from the entire trip… hope you enjoy 🙂